Washington Township Postcard Collection

 

St. Mary of the Palms in Mission San Jose

This Roman Catholic girls school was located on a former winery property on Washington Blvd. near Mission San Jose and had a grand entry road lined with Canary Island Palms on both sides. The first home of Ohlone College was located in these buildings in 1967. This card dates from the 1930's, when vineyards were still operating along Washington Boulevard. This black and white lithograph has a plain divided back.
 
Jill Singleton Postcard Collection at the Museum of Local History--Fremont, California